Venue hire costs
all Prices include vat
All remaining dates: £8,500
March, April, November, December: £8,500
May to October: £9,000
- Couples hire the whole venue (Courtyard, Ceremony Barn, Cow Stalls) at the above rates for weekend weddings (March to December). The venue is closed January and February.
- For midweek discounts and holiday surcharges, see 'Price Variations', below.
- To see what is and isn't included in the venue hire price, see 'What's included?' and 'What's not included?' listed further down this page.
- Midweek discount (standard 3-day access) -15%
- Bank Holiday weekend surcharge (standard 3-day access) +10%
- Christmas Week surcharge (standard 3-day access) +20%
- New Year's Eve surcharge (standard 3-day access) +30%
- Reservation (date held for 14 days) FREE
- Holding Deposit 25% Payable at onset to secure event date
- Interim Payment 25% Payable 12 weeks prior to event
- Final Payment 50% Payable four weeks prior to event
- Exclusive access to The Normans venue across a three-day period (early afternoon until evening the day before the wedding for set up; until midnight on the wedding day itself; until 11am the next day for take down).
- No ceremony charge for services in The Barn
- Limewash Chiavari chairs for marriage ceremony
- Pop-up cash bar for reception drinks in the Courtyard or Ceremony Barn (on request; reception drinks packages also on request)
- Fully stocked and staffed cash bar in the Marquee
- 5'6'' round tables (seat 8-10 guests) for the Marquee, plus trestle tables for optional top table
- Limewash Chiavari chairs for the Marquee
- Lined and floored Marquee
- Black-and-white-chequered dance floor in the Marquee
- 5m x 4m stage area in the Marquee
- Basic disco lighting in the Marquee
- Ambient lighting across the venue
- Coffee-sack seating in the Cow Stalls
- 9m x 5m awning in the Courtyard
- Twin outdoor flame heaters (March, October to December only; on request for all other months)
- Indoor heating (when needed)
- Catering tent (includes lighting, water access and power)
- Conveniences and cloakroom
- Onsite coordination of outside suppliers on the wedding day
What's not included?
- Catering (food, glassware, cutlery, crockery, linens and food/bar waste disposal)
- Entertainment (band, DJ, PA system - please ask your entertainers to bring their own)
- Additional décor (extra lighting, flowers)
- Wedding planning (coordination of suppliers on the day only, for additional planning services see Wedding Planners)
- Rental of The Normans Cottage (see The Normans Cottage page for further details)
- Carpet runner for aisle in Ceremony Barn £60
- Straw-bale seating in Ceremony Barn for reception (once ceremony has finished and chairs cleared) £6 per bale
In the unlikely event of a cancellation on your part, we regret that all deposits and down payments are non-refundable. We recommend purchasing wedding cancellation insurance.